Our students are Falcon Proud.
Our eager and inquisitive students are setting the standard for academic excellence, having a tradition of Lake Dallas High School students being honored as National Merit Commended Scholars – a prestigious designation held by just 3.3% of students who take the PSAT.
• 5 LDHS students were named to National Merit Commended Scholar List, 1 student was honored by the Hispanic Recognition Program, and in 2018 24 students were inducted into the National Honor Society.
• Our fine arts departments are thriving with a sweepstakes-winning Falcon Band program and our Choir, Solo & Ensemble, Visual Arts & One-Act Play winning awards for excellence.
• Eighteen student musicians qualified for the Texas Music Educators Association Region 2 5A Symphonic Band.
• Lake Dallas ISD had a total of 70 winners from the three elementary campuses in a recent academic UIL contest - 11 of the awards were for first place.
• Our student athletes enjoyed state playoff success in every sport—football, volleyball, basketball, soccer, baseball, golf, cross country and track in 2017-18.
• Our schools have a demographic make-up that matches our state, giving students a real -world environment, allowing our students to thrive in an diverse environment that better prepares them for college and career.
Our teachers are Falcon Proud.
Our teachers and administrators are committed to making sure our students at all grade levels have the tools and instruction they need to succeed in the college or career of their choice. This hard work of our educators has resulted in Lake Dallas ISD students having one of the highest graduation rates in North Texas.
• Each of the 341 LDISD teachers are highly qualified and state certified, averaging more than a decade of classroom teach experience. More than 25% our educators have earned advanced degrees.
• From the sweepstakes winning band program to StuCo and TAFE in state leadership roles, our teachers are providing the direction and instructional excellence in our extracurricular offerings.
• Our teachers and students rise to the challenge of the rigorous state curriculum and excel in our specialized and innovative instructional and career programs.
• LDISD teachers are expanding their influence beyond the traditional classroom setting and directly cater to the needs of all students. High School students can now obtain Associate’s Degrees at our Collegiate Academy, and the new Fire Academy offers a unique opportunity for students to obtain Fire Academy and EMT certifications.
• Our students enjoy their classroom experience and the personal interaction they receive from their teachers. The LDISD student population of over 4,000 has a daily attendance rate of 96.3%.
• Teachers and parents have a great working relationship in LDISD. There is a PTA is active on each campus and all elementary campuses have implemented Watch D.O.G.S..
Our school board is Falcon Proud.
Academic achievement starts with responsible management of our tax dollars. Due to our commitment to fiscal prudence, the Lake Dallas ISD administration has won multiple awards for its wise and careful oversight of our limited school funds.
In the past, the district has been issued an “A” for Superior Achievement under the State’s FIRST financial accountability rating system.
Won the prestigious Association of School Business Officials Award, which recognizes school districts that have met the highest standards of excellence in school financing reporting.
Recipient of the Government Finance Officers Association Award, which is awarded to easily readable and efficiently organized Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports.
Rated Superior by the State for Financial Status